BBF is the commercial furniture division of Bush Industries, Inc., and we are focused on providing commercial-grade workplace furnishing solutions for small and mid-sized businesses, with an additional focus on the serious office-at-home professional.
Bush Industries rebranded its commercial furniture division as BBF (Bush Business Furniture). With BBF, Bush is taking a new approach to the commercial market that includes continuing to design, develop and enhance products and services -- all with the quality, value and convenience upon which Bush has built its reputation – and focused on meeting the needs of a changing marketplace. The goal is to create a more flexible, contemporary brand that is well positioned for a changing economy, while designing products, services and programs that focus on growth opportunities in a dynamic market.
BBF offers an affordable product range designed with the flexibility to “fit” into multiple business organizations and multiple professional settings that require innovative, affordable furniture solutions. BBF’s commercial-grade products fit the market based on Bush’s insights of the customer’s:
- Lifestyle – BBF products are functional, reliable and durable commercial-grade furnishings
- Work Style – BBF’s furniture solutions address different work styles with a broad range of modular and adaptable product SKUs and furniture.
- Budget – BBF products fit various budgets with value-driven products and services at a range of price points that allow customers to purchase furniture at reasonable prices.
Universal brand attributes:
- Range of collections that meet varying space requirements and work styles
- Furniture that fits and performs well in a home, professional setting, or wherever your work needs to be done
- Exhaustively tested to stand up to the rigors of a 40-hour+ week and the demands of serious, full-time work
- Variety of different styles and aesthetic choices to satisfy individual needs and preferences
- Backed by comprehensive manufacturer's warrantees ? guaranteed for a minimum of 10 years
- Cost effective
Design for Durability and Upgradeability
BBF products shall be designed for Durability and Upgradeability.
The design and manufacture of durable products start with the specification of quality materials. Bush Industries will carefully select suppliers of raw materials and components and use a pre-certification process for the supplier and their products. Purchased materials and components will be tested to published standards either on a per shipment basis or quarterly depending on the material/component.
Materials and components specified during the design phase will be chosen to ensure a long service life. Bush/BBF offers either a 10 year or a Limited Life Time warranty on its products which communicates its durability to the customer. Products will be designed to perform through the warranty period.
To ensure the design of durable products BBF products will be subject to and required to pass applicable industry standard ANSI/BIFMA performance standards. BIFMA, along with ANSI, develops, maintains, and publishes safety and performance standards for office furniture products. Products will be retested at prescribed intervals to ensure ongoing quality and durability.
Products will be designed to allow reuse and reconfiguration thereby extending their flexibility and useful life. To maximize ease of specification and reuse products will be designed as non-handed as much as possible. That is, to design products so they can be used in both left and right configurations. This also reduces inventory and replacement part requirements.
Products that are assembled into larger configurations will use simple tools, primarily a Philips screwdriver. Large configurations can disassembled easily for moving or reconfiguration.
Products will be designed to allow for the replacement of damaged or worn parts. A customer service department is available to assist customers and a parts inventory is maintained to quickly respond to those needs. Products and parts will be standardized whenever possible. This reduces the parts inventory and improves the efficiency of manufacture. Replacement of parts is primarily accomplished with a readily available Philips screwdriver.
Shipping & Installation:
BBF provides nationwide delivery and installation. The company will ship direct to the customer, and – as part of Install 360™ service – install the furniture in the selected room of choice, remove the shipping/packing materials and provide follow-up service to ensure the customer is completely satisfied.
About Bush Industries, Inc.
Bush Industries, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of case goods and ready-to-assemble furniture designed for office and home applications. The company operates two North American divisions – BBF and Bush Furniture – along with its China operations. With a 50-year legacy built on quality, safety, reliability and durability, Bush Industries is the trusted leader in designing furnishing solutions that meet work and home needs. The company is headquartered in Jamestown, N.Y., with manufacturing and distribution facilities located in western New York, Pennsylvania, Nevada and China.
The employees of Bush Industries, Inc. are expected to act with integrity and conduct business in an ethical manner at all times. Unethical, illegal or improper conduct is not tolerated in our organization. Our corporate ethics policy outlines behaviors that are not in line with our operational objectives and provides direction for reporting issues and concerns. Outlined below is a sample of the areas regarding ethical conduct addressed by this policy.
- Personal relationships with customers and suppliers
- Affiliations with customers and suppliers
- Unethical practices by persons other that Bush Industries, employees
- Confidential information
- Competitive practices
- Business gifts and .
Health and Safety
At Bush Industries, we have worked hard over the past several years to achieve a safe workplace and the type of safety record we can be proud of. Having a safe workplace is one of the most important benefits we offer to our employees and their loved ones. We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for everyone. We do this by following strict safety and health rules and practices, including:
- Requiring every location to have an active safety program that is strongly supported by its management team.
- Rigorously adhering to the established safety procedures, following safety practices and avoiding shortcuts.
- Not tolerating any threats of harm-either direct or indirect – or any conduct that harasses, disrupts, or interferes with another employee’s work or performance or creates an intimidating, hostile work environment.
- Prohibiting the possession of weapons and other dangerous devices by Bush employees, contractors, vendors, and visitors at all times on the property of the Company, and by Bush employees while on the property of its suppliers or its customers; and prohibiting substance abuse
Labor and Human Rights
Promoting teamwork and excellence demands a working environment that is free from discrimination, harassment, or other intimidating personal behavior. All Bush facilities worldwide must maintain a professional and harassment-free working environment. They are places where employees should act with respect for one another and for those with whom we do business. The following behavior is expressly prohibited:
- Unwelcome conduct – whether verbal, physical, or visual – that is based on a person’s protected status, such as race, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, sexual orientation, former military status or any other protected status.
- Abusive language, physical behavior that deliberately causes injury to another or any disorderly conduct or malicious disturbance. This includes intimidation or harassment of others.
- Sexual Harassment – This includes unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, as well as other physical, verbal, or visual conduct based on sex when: Submission to the conduct is an explicit or implicit term or condition of employment or advancement. The conduct has the purpose or effect of unreasonably interfering with the individual’s work performance by creating a hostile, offensive, or intimidating working environment.
Sexual harassment is conduct based up sex, whether directed toward a person of the same or opposite sex. In addition to covering all employees, Bush’s harassment-free workplace policy extends to outside vendors, customers, professionals, and other providers of goods or services to any Bush location worldwide. Note that this policy applies to both work-related settings and company-organized activities outside of the workplace.
As a company, we expect that all employees treat one another with respect and dignity. Each employee has a unique role in making Bush a better and more rewarding place to work. Our values are richly embedded in this commitment and are backed by our philosophy as outlined in this document. Equal opportunity and fair treatment extend to all employees. Bush specifically prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity, national origin, race, religion, gender, former military status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Decisions are to be based on the individual applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the particular job. In addition to complying with U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) laws, Bush managers must comply with all other civil rights, human rights, and labor laws around the world where legally applicable. We are committed to providing an environment that values diversity with a conscious desire to achieve understanding, respect, inclusion and continuous learning. Our values show our commitment to being a good citizen and acting in a socially responsible way in the communities we live and work around the world.
Supporting Our Community
Bush Industries, Inc. supports the local community in which it operates. Supporting the community and employee involvement is a part of the Bush Industries, Inc. culture and we encourage our employees to be involved. Each year our organization participates and donates time and efforts to multiple programs.
Organizations Receiving Monetary Donations 2012
City of Hope,
Hospice of Chautauqua County,
Winifred Diebert Crawford Boys and Girls Club of Jamestown
- Product donations are to a variety or organization I the local are for fundraising efforts. Organizations that have received product donations include: Jamestown Public Schools (PTA, Boosters, and events), Jamestown Community College Sports Boosters, Local Youth Sports, SPCA, Morton Club, Kendall Club, Elks Lodge, Memorial Events supporting various families and diseases.
- Employees have the ability to mentor at local schools and are compensated for time that is volunteered during work hours. The Chautauqua Striders programs allow employees of Bush Industries, Inc. to be pared with a student in the community.
- Sponsor Jamestown Community Night
Bush Industries is committed to operating our plants and facilities in complete compliance with all applicable environments regulations and to operating in a manner that protects and improves the quality of our environment. We are committed to strive for a goal of zero waste generation to all media – land, air water – to be achieved by continual improvement in all our operations. This goal will guide the conduct of our manufacturing operations, the development of new products, and our interaction with suppliers and customers. Recycling of materials is an integral part of this on-going effort. We are committed to encouraging our families, our employees, and our communities through education and leadership, to conserve our natural resources and to protect and improve the environment in our daily lives. All Bush employees are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with this policy that includes not only being in compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements, but also participating in efforts to improve the environment. This includes the increasingly efficient use of raw resources such as raw materials, energy and water..